Test moving fake money
- Use an exact replica of the production environment
- Test the Dwolla API without transferring real money
Manage your test data
- View all your test accounts and transfers
- Add more test accounts
- Simulate ACH transfer statuses
Setting transfer statuses
Transfer behavior in the Sandbox
Unlike Balance, Credit, or FiSync sourced transfers, which are processed instantaneously, Bank-sourced transfers exist in the Pending state for a few business days until they are
The Sandbox environment does not replicate any ACH processes, so a
pending transfer will not clear or fail automatically after a few business days as it would in production. It will simply remain in the
pending state indefinitely.
As in the production environment, Sandbox transfers can be cancelled from either the sender’s or the receiver’s Dwolla account dashboard, or directly from the Sandbox Console interface. Only Traditional CIP Verified Dwolla accounts are eligible to cancel transfers.
For Dwolla Direct integrations only, there are two scenarios in which a transfer can become
- A payment is sent to a non-Dwolla-user’s email address and has not been claimed by the sender’s Reclaim period, which is by default 30 days.
- A processed payment is reversed by Dwolla as a result of a dispute.
The Sandbox Console interface allows you to immediately trigger any of the four possible outcomes for a given transfer:
reclaimed. If subscribed to webhooks, when a transfer outcome is triggered, a webhook will be sent to your server which includes the corresponding created event.
For more information on transfer statuses, read the transaction workflow article.